Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pineapple Cucumber Salad


Because of posts like this it may seem like I always eat super healthy.
Not so. 
This is not news to my friends. Stress leads to sweets. Lots of sweets. I've finished a package of Oreos since Sunday. Yesterday, I stopped at the store to get shrimp for this delicious Tomato Coconut Curry Soup, and ended up with a churro and a strawberry iced donut. Yeah, my local grocery store sells churros. Dulce De Leche or Cream filled. And I have this thing for pink strawberry frosted donuts. I ate both on the way home, before I could stop myself. Tonight, Sam and I are well on our way to finishing a carton of Red Velvet ice cream. Blue Bunny, Duff created- So good! You should go get some tonight!

I slightly regret those donuts, but not this ice cream, yet at least.

Speaking of regrets, I let a spider live last night and now I know it's waiting in my bed. What happened was I grabbed my hoodie from the bed post and put it on when something black fell in front of my face and onto the floor. It was a huge black and white spider. It was in my hoodie!! Insert overly dramatic scream here. Did I mention, it was in my hoodie, or maybe my hair?! It could have been there for who knows how long. Did I mention it fell in front of my face, from me head!? I wanted to stomp, but I always catch and release spiders in my classroom for my kiddos. I know spiders are actually helpful because they catch annoying and harmful bugs. But it was in my hoodie! I tried to get the dogs to eat it. No go. So I watched it crawl under my dresser.

Here's a recipe that I did not regret eating. It's sweet, tangy and slightly spicy. Perfect for summer bbqing. I served it with a pre-spice rubbed salmon fillet from Costco. So Good. To duplicate it myself, I'll use this recipe or just buy the dry rub Whole Foods has.



Pineapple Cucumber Salad

Ingredients
2 Cups chopped Organic Pineapple
1 large cucumber, sliced (peeled or unpeeled. I peel half to keep some color and nutritional benefit)
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 very small Jalapeno, diced
1 small lemon or lime, juiced
1 slice of orange juiced - optional

Mix and Serve!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment