Monday, April 22, 2013

Raw Coconut Cookies (with a dash of crossfit & climbing)

The better the weekend the harder the Monday. After I let my children free into the wild this afternoon, I stood alone in the quiet hall. Oh my, tomorrow is only Wednesday......wait a  s e c o n d.. Tomorrow is only Tuesday! 

Here's some of the weekend fun:
Saturday - Team comp a Crossfit 6th Ave. I brought these treats plus some paleo cake pops to share with the athletes.
Go Bears!

Sunday - Tree climb & Tyrolean across the river


        To the Guppy Pod! The ledge in that little blue circle is where we hung out at all afternoon.

Sam leading out of the guppy pod. There was some rock climbing as well.

Finally to the food! Here's the raw coconut cookies They are very easy and quick to make. I used the big Fancy chunks just because it’s what I had on hand. I shredded it down in my food processor. Next time I’ll use just regular unsweetened shredded coconut. If you try this with honey in place of maple syrup, let me know how it turns out. Discalimer: These aren't technically raw- Maple syrup is not a raw ingredient and the type of almond flour I use is blanched. 


Raw Coconut Cookies Recipe ( I forgot to take a picture!)

Ingredients
2 Cups of unsweetened coconut
3/4 Cup almond flour
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/4 Cup melted coconut oil
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt

- Mix the oil, syrup and vanilla together
- Mix almond flour, coconut and salt
- Mix it all up!
- Use a spoon or ice cream scooper to mold into tight cookies.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete